22222222ERA Coalition + Dendrofemonology on the National Mall
DENDROFEMONOLOGY: A FEMINIST HISTORY TREE RING ON THE NATIONAL MALL IN WASHINGTON, DC A FOUR-DAY ART INSTALLATION AND ACTIVATION NOVEMBER 1 – 4, 2023
Presented by: National Women’s History Museum, Women Connect4Good, and Let it Ripple
With more than 93,000 races on the ballot this November that could affect women’s rights, trans rights, and reproductive freedom, please join us, with an incredible coalition of organizations in coming together, speaking up, and providing resources to educate, register, and mobilize voters to #ReclaimOurHistory and #VoteOurFuture.
Whether you’re in person or online, join us Nov 1 for a powerful lineup of speakers, including trailblazer Dolores Huerta, #MeToo Founder Tarana Burke, and the highest elected trans official Senator Sarah McBride, all of whom are featured on the tree ring.
An interactive program with ERA Coalition partners and leaders takes place on Friday, November 1 from 1-4 p.m. at Vital Voices, the Global Embassy for Women in Washington, D.C. Partner orgs: For more information on the ERA Coalition event, please see the full schedule below, or contact Elisa Parker at email@example.com
Full schedule of events
Most events are open to the public, with no need to RSVP. Please use the RSVP links below to sign up for individual events that require an RSVP to attend.
DAY 1: Wed, Nov 1
- 2:00 pm: Opening land acknowledgment followed by performance by Martha Redbone
- 2:05 pm: Unveiling of DENDROFEMONOLOGY: A Feminist History Tree Ring Sculpture with Speakers include trailblazer Dolores Huerta, Tarana Burke, Padma Lakshmi, Senator Sarah McBride, Brianna Baker, Lynda Carter, artist Tiffany Shlain along with presenters The National Women’s History Museum and Women Connect4Good
- 6:00 pm: (Private) Intergenerational intersectional dinner party for speakers/honorees
DAY 2: Thur, Nov 2
- 1:00 – 4:00 pm: A Tour of Her Own DC tours from the feminist history tree ring to the NWHM’s “ We Who Believe: Black Feminist DC” Exhibition at MLK Library. RSVP
- 7:30 – 9:30pm: Film screening of our film 50/50 at Vital Voices Headquarters, followed by artist Whitney Bradshaw’s OUTCRY. RSVP
DAY 3: Fri, Nov 3
- 1:00-4:00 pm: (Invite-only) ERA Coalition Program at Vital Voices
- 4:00-6:00 pm: (Invite-only) Cocktail Reception at Vital Voices
- 6:00 pm Walk or shuttle together to National Mall via “Equality Corridor”
- 6:30 pm: Interfaith Shabbat Candle lighting at Feminist History Tree Ring
- 6:45 pm: Silent Disco on the National Mall
DAY 4: Sat, Nov 4
- 11:00 am-noon Artist Michele Pred leads a Feminist Art Parade from the White House to the National Mall, ending in a cathartic Flash Mob dance. RSVP
- All day: Family day with educational resources, interactive/participatory components